Zinc Nailon anchors are low-cost, easy-to-install anchors for applications under static loads.
- Available with carbon and stainless-steel pins
- Pin and head configuration designed to make anchor tamper-resistant
- Body — Die-cast Zamac 3 alloy
- Pin — Carbon steel; Type 304 stainless steel
- Drill a hole in base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to specified embedment depth, plus 1/4" for pin extension, and blow hole clean using compressed air. Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling.
- Position fixture and insert Nailon anchor.
- Tap with hammer until flush with fixture, then drive pin until flush with top of head.
- Not for use in overhead applications
- Nailon anchors are not recommended for eccentric tension (prying) loads — capacity will be greatly reduced in such applications