The Strong-Drive SD Connector screw is specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The load-rated SD screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD screw exceed those of typical 10d common or 16d common nails. In addition, the galvanized coating makes the SD screw ideal for interior and most exterior conditions.
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The #9 and #10 SD screws replace 10d and 16d nails, respectively.
- Tested and approved for use in many of our most popular connectors for both interior and exterior applications.
- Ideal for use in connector applications where more control is desired or using a hammer is inconvenient.
- 1/4" hex head with 0.37"-dia. integrated washer is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie "≠" sign and the fastener size for easy identification after installation.
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
- Optimized heat treating for ductility and strength.
- The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9 exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail, while the single-fastener load capacity of the SD10 exceeds that of the 16d common nail.
- Hex driver included.
Mechanically galvanized coating meets ASTM B695 Class 55, is recommended for use with certain preservative-treated woods and recognized as an alternate to hot-dip galvanized in ESR-3046; it is compliant with the 2012 International Residential Code®.