Self-Drilling Siding ScrewF07T162TDC
The common application for this screw is for attaching wood siding, wood panels and metal trim to steel studs. Features include a trim head, #3 drill point and #1 square drive.
- Trim head.
- 1 1/4" and 1 5/8" models are fully threaded; other sizes are threaded 2/3 of overall length.
- #3 drill point.
- #1 square drive (replacement bit model BIT1S-2).
- 1 1/4" models are black xylan coated.
- Type 410 stainless steel can be hardened through heat treatment, giving it the ability to drill through metal. It does not offer the same level of corrosion resistance of either Type 316 or 305 stainless steel.
- Attach wood siding, wood panels and metal trim to steel studs
- Hardened stainless-steel fasteners should not be used with steel framing in environments with high humidity, condensation or other moisture that will be present at the dissimilar-metal interface