The PPBZ porch base offers a simplified, one-time installation designed to support permanent porch framing throughout all stages of construction. This design eliminates the need for temporary vertical support and streamlines the subcontractor scheduling process while still providing adequate safety to enable full access for installers/inspectors.
The porch post base is fastened to the footing with two Titen® 2 masonry screws when framing the porch roof. Then, when the time is right, the concrete contractor is able to complete the last phase of the porch slab without the interference of temporary vertical support and without the framer having to return to the jobsite after the slab has hardened. Designed to withstand vertical construction loads prior to embedment in concrete, the PPBZ will support the weight of most framed porches and overhangs.
- Stiffened embedded side stirrups provide temporary vertical download support without being embedded into concrete
- 1" standoff reduces the potential for decay at post or column ends
- Two available sizes provide both 4"- and 6"-slab thicknesses
- Pre-pour installation eliminates temporary support
- No disruption in scheduling
- Eliminates additional move-ins by trades and certain inspection call backs