MPBZ Moment Post BaseMPB44Z
The patent-pending MPBZ is specifically designed to provide moment resistance for columns or posts. An innovative overlapping sleeve design encapsulates the post, helping to resist rotation around its base. It is available for 4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 posts. The MPBZ is ideal for outdoor structures, such as carports, fences and decks. Built-in standoff tabs provide the required 1" standoff to resist decay of the post while eliminating multiple parts and assembly. Additionally, the MPBZ is available in ZMAX® as the standard finish to meet exposure conditions in many environments.
- Internal top-of-concrete tabs
- 1" standoff tabs
- Additional holes provided to attach trim material
- Weep hole provided for water drainage
- 12 gauge
- ZMAX coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install MPBZ before concrete is placed using embedment level indicators and form board attachment holes.
- Place post on tabs 1" above top of concrete.
- Install Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are supplied with the MPBZ. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- Concrete level inside the part must not exceed 1/4" above embedment line to allow for water drainage.
- Annual inspection of connectors used in outdoor application is advised. If significant corrosion is apparent or suspected, then the wood, fasteners and connectors should be evaluated by a qualified engineer or inspector.