Column caps provide a strong connection for column-beam combinations. This design uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to provide faster installation and provides a greater net section area of the column compared to bolts. The SDS screws provide for a lower profile compared to standard through bolts.
- CCQ3, ECCQ3, CCQ4, CCQ4.62, ECCQ4, ECCQ4.62, CCQ6, ECCQ6 — 7 gauge; all others — 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; available in HDG and stainless steel; CCOQ and ECCOQ — no coating
- Install 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the column cap. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.) Install stainless-steel Strong-Drive screws with stainless-steel connectors.
- CCOQ and ECCOQ column caps only (no straps) may be ordered for field welding to pipe or other columns. Dimensions are same as CCQ and ECCQ. Weld by Designer.
- For rough-cut lumber sizes, provide dimensions. An optional W2 dimension may be specified with any column size given. (Note that the W2 dimension on straps rotated 90° is limited by the W1 dimension.)
- For end conditions, specify ECCQ.
- Straps may be rotated 90° where W1 ≥ W2 and for CCQ5-6.
- Other custom column caps are available. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.