Strong-Drive SDWH TIMBER-HEX ScrewSDWH19300DB-RP1
Ideal for structural and general-purpose fastening applications where a hex-head drive is preferred. The Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex screw is ideal for the contractor and do-it-yourselfer alike. It is code listed under IAPMO-UES ER-192 and meets 2015 and 2018 IRC® and IBC® code requirements for several common wood framing applications.
- SawTooth™ point ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for predrilling in most applications
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Underhead nibs that offer greater control when seating the head
- Large washer head provides maximum bearing area (0.64" head dia.)
- Size identification on all SDWH screw heads
- 5/16" hex drive (replacement driver bit — BITHEXR516-134)
- U.S. Patent 9,523,383
Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for certain exterior and preservative-treated wood applications, as described in the evaluation report.
- Structural wood-to-wood and engineered wood connections including ledgers
- Retail and mini-bulk packs include one 5/16" hex driver bit; bulk packs include two driver bits