WB/WBC/TWB/RCWB Wall BracingWB106
Simpson Strong-Tie wall bracing products offer effective options to resist racking during construction. Additionally the RCWB and WB/WBC can be used to fulfill the same code bracing requirements as a 1x4 let-in brace, but are cost effective and faster to install. Not designed to replace structural panel shearwall load-carrying component.
The WBC (coiled WB) multiple product dispenser pack weighs less than 40 lb., making storage and transportation easy. WB106C — 15 pieces per roll; WB126C — 12 pieces per roll; WB143C —10 pieces per roll.
The RCWB features a rolled edge (the TWB has two rolled edges) for extra strength and safety.
- WB and WBC — 16 gauge; TWB — 22 gauge; RCWB — 20 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
WB and WBC:
- Install in "X" pairs or in opposing "V" fashion.
- Use with 16" or 24" o.c. 2x4 (min.) studs.
RCWB and TWB:
- Use with 16" o.c. studs.
- Use minimum of 2x4 studs with TWB.
- Use minimum of 2x6 studs with RCWB (2x4 min. for interior, non-bearing wall).
- Establish a run-line using the bracing as a straight edge. Single cut a saw kerf 5/8" deep (TWB) or 1 1/8" deep (RCWB) along the run line. If the wall is pre-framed on the floor, place the part into the saw kerf, and put one nail into the top plate. Tilt the wall up and plumb before nailing off top plate, bottom plate and studs according to the nailing schedule.