Designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag screws. The Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw is ideal for the contractor and do-it-yourselfer alike. It is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-192 and meets 2015 and 2018 IRC® and IBC® code requirements for several common wood framing applications.
- SawTooth™ point ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for predrilling in most applications
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Underhead nibs offer greater control when seating the head
- Large low-profile washer head provides maximum bearing area (0.75" head dia.)
- Size identification on all SDWS screw heads
- 6-lobe T40 drive provides positive engagement that makes the screw easy to drive and improves bit life (replacement driver bit — BIT40T-134-RC)
- U.S. Patent 9,523,383
Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for certain exterior and preservative-treated wood applications, as described in the evaluation report.
- Structural wood-to-wood and engineered-wood connections including ledgers
- Retail and mini-bulk packs include one 6-lobe, T40 driver bit; bulk packs include two driver bits