The AB series of retrofit adjustable post bases provide a 1" standoff for the post, are slotted for adjustability and can be installed with nails, Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws or bolts (ABU). Depending on the application needs, these adjustable standoff post bases are designed for versatility, cost effectiveness and maximum uplift performance.
- The slot in the base enables flexible positioning around the anchor bolt, making precise post placement easier
- The 1" standoff helps prevent rot at the end of the post and meets code requirements for structural posts installed in basements or exposed to weather or water splash
- Varies (see table)
- ZMAX® and some in stainless steel; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- See our Anchoring and Fastening Systems for Concrete and Masonry catalog for retrofit anchor options.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Place the base, cut washer(s) or load transfer plate(s) and nut(s) on the anchor bolt(s). Make any necessary adjustments to post placement and tighten the nut securely on the anchor bolt.
Place the standoff base and then the post in the ABW and fasten on three vertical sides, using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws
– Bend up the fourth side of the ABW and fasten using the correct fasteners
Place the standoff base and then the post in the ABU
– Fasten using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws or bolts (ABU88Z, ABU1010Z, ABU1212Z — SDS optional)
Place the post in the ABA
– Fasten using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws