Titen HD® Heavy-Duty Screw Anchor: Zinc FinishTHDB25178H
The original high-strength screw anchor for use in cracked and uncracked concrete, as well as uncracked masonry. The Titen HD offers low installation torque and outstanding performance. Designed and tested in dry, interior, non-corrosive environments or temporary outdoor applications, the Titen HD demonstrates industry-leading performance even in seismic conditions.
The stainless-steel Titen HD is the optimal choice for applications in corrosive or extreme environments such as salt water, or when chemical or corrosive solutions are present. See Stainless-Steel Titen HD for more information.
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 and ACI 355.2 for cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES ESR-2713
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC106 for masonry per ICC-ES ESR-1056
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Standard fractional sizes
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness for better cutting without compromising the ductility
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Testing shows the Titen HD installs in concrete with 50% less torque than competitor anchors
- Hex-washer head requires no separate washer, unless required by code, and provides a clean installed appearance
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring (e.g., formwork, bracing) or applications where fixtures may need to be moved
- Reuse of the anchor to achieve listed load values is not recommended
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated
- Not recommended for permanent exterior use or highly corrosive environments
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overall (see table below) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the hex-washer head contacts the fixture.
|Titen HD Diameter (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Min. Hole Depth Overdrill (in.)|
|Suggested fixture hole sizes are for structural steel thicker than 12 gauge only. Larger holes are not required for wood or cold-formed steel members.|
|1/4||3/8||3/8 to 7/16||1/8|
|3/8||9/16||1/2 to 9/16||1/4|
|1/2||3/4||5/8 to 11/16||1/2|
|5/8||15/16||3/4 to 13/16||1/2|
- Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the table below.
- Use a Titen HD screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
- Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU.
- Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity.