The strong-drive SDWC provides a time-saving and reliable option to fastening trusses and rafters to wall top plates. This high-strength structural wood screw is designed with a shorter thread length to fasten multi-ply members such as plated trusses, engineered-lumber products and solid-sawn lumber. The fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener, providing a secure connection between the roof and wall framing members.
- Type-17 point for faster starts and easier driving
- Cap-style head countersinks fully into the double top plate to avoid interference with drywall or finish trades
- Wide installation-angle range makes it easier to install the SDWC correctly
- Metal installation guide tool (included) to help ensure proper installation
- Length: 6 in.
- Thread length: 5-3/4 in.
- Matched-tolerance driver bit (included) engages fastener head securely to allow 1-handed driving (replacement bit part no BIT30-R1)
- Common project applications: remodeling, fencing, storage, cabinets, framing