HRC is a field slopeable connector that attaches hip roof beams to the end of a ridge beam. The HRC may be sloped downward a maximum of 45°.
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- On end of ridge — use optional diamond holes to secure the HRC. Bend face flanges back flush with ridge, and complete nailing.
- On face of ridge — adjust to correct height and install nails.
- Double bevel-cut hip members to achieve full bearing capacity.
- The HRC may be sloped to 45° with no reduction in loads.